Monday, March 30, 2009

My Recovery Week

I am now on day 5 of not exercising and day 8 of my sickness. Last Monday I felt a little nasty, but nothing too serious. I just had a little scratch in my throat. It got a little worse on Tuesday and even worse on Wednesday. I tried to swim on Wednesday but it was ugly. I took Thursday off and my sickness just got worse. I went to Corbin so I could just rest over the weekend and hopefully get better. Saturday was the worst day. I woke up with a migrane and I could barely do anything. It hurt to open my eyes. I just layed on the floor all day with my eyes barely opened, just enough to watch some NCAA basketball. Now it's Monday and my headache is still lingering (just barely) but my throat hasn't got much better. I'm still coughing up all kinds of nastiness and I can't take deep breathes without hearing a wheezing sound.

I really hope that it gets better. I have had the best off season training of my life, and now I am just laying around and eating food without many signs of improvement.

On a positive note, I have passed 2 of the 3 comprehensive written exams for my Master's degree. I still haven't heard from my third teacher so hopefully I'll hear from him pretty soon and it'll be 3 out of 3.

Tony

1 comment:

Fran said...

have you been to the doctor to be tested for Strep or for sinus infection or for meningitis? Worth checking into if you have not - I worry about you and all of your training but love you immensely - sorry to put that on your blog but can't help it.

Francie (aunt)