Monday, March 2, 2009

My March Challenge

I know it seems like I do something different every month, but the racing season begins in less than 2 months and I really need to work on my nutrition, so this is going to be a nutrition challenge. I am cutting out a lot of sweets. I have a detailed list of the "no-no's" to clarify what is acceptable and what is unacceptable. I drink a lot of chocolate milk after workouts for a recovery drink so I am not putting that on the "no-no" list. But here is the list:

THE NO-NO LIST:
Chocolate Candy (candy bars of any kind, little easter chocolates, etc.)
Cookies
Brownies
Cake
Pie
Ice Cream
Deep Fried Foods

This challenge begins today, March 2nd because Casey, Beth, Eric, Tyson, and I all had a big dinner last night and the girls had already planned to have a big dessert cooked for us. And of course I ate too much of it, and that inspired me more to start this nutrition challenge.
And since Easter isn't until April, I'll still be able to enjoy some Cadbury eggs after the challenge is over.

This past week was a recovery week so there isn't much to report from it. I took yesterday off which was my first rest day in about a month. I hit around 12 hours with only about 2.5 - 3 hrs of running, about the same for biking, and around 23,000 yards for swimming.
For the February Fitness challenge, I ended up swimming 121,100 yards for the month. This is 700 more yards than last year, and a new PR for the amount of yardage I've ever swam in a month. I could have swam more, but it was my recovery week and Beth really wanted me to take it easy this past week. She wanted me rested for the upcoming weeks.

T-Bird

1 comment:

Fran said...

So I guess when you come to visit me this weekend you are not going to eat any cake that I bake for you? So sad but laying of sugar is an outstanding idea.