Sunday, March 22, 2009

More PB's

After a weekend of swimming, I now have 2 new PB's in the water. One in the 1650y (18:15) and one in the 500y (5:13). I did not feel good at all in the water on Saturday morning so I was pleased with the effort. I was hoping to go under 18 minutes in the mile, but I know that I'm capable of it on a good day. The 500 was this morning, and I did feel better today than yesterday. I'm now sitting at the aptartment watching the NCAA tourney on TV. Nothing too exciting has happened today, but the UofL game is about to start so maybe they'll lose. That would be exciting.

I am officially finished with the heaviest work load week of my life. I hit just over 24 hours for the week. It was a little easier than the 23 hr week I hit a few weeks ago because the weather has been amazing. It's not hard to get a lot of time on the bike when the weather is nice. I had just over 10 hours of cycling and only 1.5 hr of it was on the trainer. All of my cycling was on the trainer during the 23 hr. week. And that swim meet this weekend bumped up my swimming a little bit. My running was a little below average.

Run: 4:53 hr
Bike: 10:08 hr
Swim: 9 hrs
Weights: 15 minutes

Giving me a grand total of: 24:15 hrs.

I was really tired early in the week because I had three very full days of training in a row. Thursday was kind of a recovery day, and I have felt decent of the past few days. Wednesday night was the worst part of the week. I could barely walk around I was so tired.

And the March eating challenge that I have been doing was broken on Friday. I ate a cookie with lunch. There were some homemade cookies from a local bakery at the pool. They stared me down for 3 hrs. until I broke down and ate one. This was the first time that I broke the challenge rules. And then later in the day, I consumed another cookie (for Tyson's birthday on Friday). But I intend to keep the rules going until the end of March. So I have cheated twice, but the main goal of the challenge was to eat fewer sweets which has definitely happened.

Now time to get back to some bball action.

Tony

1 comment:

Fran said...

Are you sure you want to be a triathlete? I read your blog about your training schedule and get tired. YOu are awesome and much loved by me...........