Friday, March 6, 2009

STRESS!!!!!!

I have less than a week before I take 3 exams, all of which will determine if I get my Master's degree or not. I have been studying on and off for about 2 - 3 weeks now, and I'm starting to really get worried. I sat down for 2+ hours of studying last night and realized how much material that I need to know for next week. I have 2 exams next Thursday and 1 next Friday. Me and 2 - 3 of the other graduate students are having a "study party" tomorrow night and hopefully that will help me.

This week has been awesome but tough. I did the 2,000 yard swim test on Monday which didn't go as well as I wanted. I took it out in the pace that I wanted, but I blew up miserably with about 600 to go. I went through the 1st 1,000 yards in 11:30, and then came back in 11:55, ha. I just didn't feel great that day. I know I can do a lot better than that. I have had some great workouts in the pool lately so I might give it another shot pretty soon. Tuesday night was my bike test. I hopped on the Computrainer over at Beth's house and she told me what all she was going to do. Beth and Casey administered the test, and I have reason to believe they both enjoyed watching me suffer, ha. Beth especially since she got to poke me with needles. I ended up riding almost an hour on the computrainer which included 10 minutes warmup, and a 5 minute cooldown. We found that my Lactate threshold is somewhere in the 300 - 325 range and that I should focus on Ironman events according to Beth (which is not what I wanted to hear). My highest reading was 4.8 (which is very low). My first few readings weren't even above 1.

And I have ridden outside for the past 2 days straight. The last time I did that was before Clearwater, which was either early November, or late October. I got a 2.5 hr ride outside on Wednesday, and just an easy 30 miles yesterday. Yesterday's ride was pretty windy, but I rode with 4 of my buddies, so we shared the workload. It wouldn't have been a fun ride by myself.
I'm headed to Louisville this afternoon to stay with my aunt, Francie, and then running a 5k tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes. I have been doing all long and slow stuff so this 5k is going to HURT.

T-Bird

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good news is that you are an aerobic animal so all we have to do is worked on your anaerobic abilities and its on!

Fran said...

Nice to see my name on your blog.

Francie