Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday

So I finally recovered from that nasty flu that I had. I haven't felt that horrible in a long time. I did get a stomach bug last year but that only took me out of 2 days of training. This bug took a whole week away from me. But maybe this was a blessing in disguise. Not that I think I really needed a week of no workouts, I did probably need some rest. I have felt a little sluggish on my runs/swims since the flu but nothing too serious. Wednesday was my first exercise since the following Wednesday. So far I've swam and run 3 times this week with a bike ride. I am doing a longerish bike ride this afternoon followed by a short run. Then I'll probably watch the NCAA games tonight. I definitely didn't feel good in the water on Wednesday or Thursday, but I did have a decent workout yesterday so that was encouraging. I'll probably do a few really hard sessions in the next 2 - 3 weeks to try and get me ready for the big race in Florida on the 26th.

School is almost over and I'm pretty happy about that. I have a 20 page paper that is due on the 16th and I have my Comprehensive Oral exams this coming Friday. Once those two things are behind me, then my semester and school career will be officially over. I will still have to teach until the first week of May, and I'll have to attend the one class that I'm taking this semester, but my school work will be over. I only have another 1.5 weeks left.

I know it was a short update, but that's about all that is going on right now.

T-Bird

No comments: