Friday, February 20, 2009

Update #2

Casey swam in the 200 IM yesterday and she swam her second fastest time ever for that event. However, the SEC is probably the strongest conference when it comes to swimming so she did not make it to the finals. She went 2:03.98. She wasn't super happy about her swim, but she wasn't totally bummed either. She is swimming the 200 free today.

Eric McGinnis managed to finish 5th in the 50 free but unfortunately he was beaten by 4 guys from Auburn. It shows you how good Auburn is at swimming. And the UK guys 200 free relay finished 3rd which is pretty awesome.

Wednesday night I met up with my old girlfriend Lauren Crook. She is doing her "rotations" for Pharmacy school and she is doing one in Lexington for the month of February. It has been a long time since I have seen her so it was nice to catch up with her. She is now engaged and already (hasn't signed contract yet) has a job lined up with Kroger when she graduates in May. She told me she's aiming for the summer of 2010 for the wedding but they haven't set a date yet.

And training is really kicking my butt this week. I had an awesome run yesterday, but I was really smoked after it. I did 3 x 2 mile repeats in the middle of a longer run. I averaged right around 6 minute pace for all three of these repeats. I was pretty pumped about the workout until this morning when I could barely manage 7:30 pace for 4 miles, haha. Hopefully my afternoon workouts go a little better than this morning's did.

And if you get bored, there is a pretty good article about Ryan Hall.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=3672440

If you want to check results for Casey, or the SEC swimming and diving championships in general, then here is the live results page:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/livestats/c-swim/index.htm

Peace.

Tony

No comments: