Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day

I'm getting ready to hit the road to watch my sister compete in the State Cheer leading Competition in Bowling Green, KY. I woke up early to finish my workouts for the day and now have the rest of the day to just hang out and eat. I have eaten more calories in the past few days than I feel like I ever have. I'm eating 3 - 4 LARGE meals a day and I'm still losing weight. I dropped below 160 pounds for the first time in almost 3 years the other day. My lightest weight in 2008 was probably around 163ish. So it's not that big of a deal, but my average "race" weight for 2008 was closer to 165 - 168. And I think I went into Clearwater almost 170 thanks to a 3 week taper and my large appetite.

But I guess that is what happens when you're hitting close to 20 hours a week during the winter months. I'm sitting at almost 19 hours for this week with a long run to go tomorrow. I should be close to 20 - 21 hours for the week total. I'm taking the weekend off from swimming and I'm officially half way through the month of February. After 14 days, I'm at 65,400 yards for the month. I did not realize it, but I'm a little over my estimated goal for the half way point. I want to hit 130,000 yards for the month so I guess if I spend the rest of the month in the pool then it will happen, ha.

Well, I'm off to pack for the weekend trip.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Tony

No comments: