Thursday, February 19, 2009

SEC Swimming and Diving update #1

Casey raced last night for the first time this weekend. They competed in the 800 free relay. They got 7th place in the SEC and broke the UK school record for the event by 5 seconds. This is one of the toughest events in the SEC so she seemed pretty happy with their performance. All 4 UK girls had a 200 free split under 1:50 which is awesome. She wasn't super happy with her split, but I guess that is how all athletes are. I know I'm that way. If I don't break a personal record by several seconds/minutes (whatever the case may be) then I know that I always wish I had gone a little faster. She said her split was 1:48 ish which is only about 1 second off of her PR.

And the KY Kernal ran an article on myself and Lewis Jackson today. Check it out.

http://kykernel.com/2009/02/18/ironmen-uk-graduate-students-bring-state-pride-to-world-renowned-triathlons/#more-12098

Tony

1 comment:

Monica said...

Oh man, great article!!! Hope your training is going well!