Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tapeworm?

My weekend workouts all went really well. The big brick workout on Saturday went great. It was a little chilly and cold, but I survived and had a great run off of the bike. Monday I took a day off to recover and yesterday I had a bike ride with some hard efforts. I didn't feel up to the task of fighting with a bitterly cold wind so I rode the trainer while I watched a movie. Today was a race simulation swim set with an easy bike. The bike ride was outside, but still cold and windy. I hate riding in cold and/or windy conditions but I guess sometimes it has to be done.

And I have a feeling that I either have tapeworm, an overactive metabolism, I haven't been eating enough (which I don't believe), or the scale at the pool is broken. Exactly 2 weeks ago, I weighed myself after my swim and I weighed in at 164 pounds which is right in my normal range of body weight. I have always weighed myself after a swim workout simply because they have a nice scale at the pool. All year my body weight has been between 161 - 167. Very rarely am I ever out of this weight range. I haven't weighed under 160 pounds in almost 3 years. Last Monday (two days after my illness) I weighed in at 159. I kind of expected that because of how much came out of my body that Thursday night, and how little I ate on Friday. So I made it my goal to eat a little more than usual last week to get back up in my normal weight range. Last Friday I weighed in at 158. Even though I was eating like crazy, I still lost a pound. Today, I got out of the pool and headed to the scale. I turned it on and stepped on the scale only to be shocked at the number that would pop up. It said 154. There is NO WAY that I have lost 4 more pounds in 5 days. I ate 2 large bowls of chili, two large helpings of cornbread, a large bowl of veggies, and two large brownies last night. This morning I had 3 bagels from Panera. I only eat 3 on the mornings that I'm extremely hungry (which happens most mornings, ha). I am still in disbelief about the weight that popped up on the scale today. I don't think it's possible for me to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I talked to a UK swimmer who said that scale says he's lost 30 pounds since the beginning of the summer. He did say he is lighter but he doesn't think that he's lost 30 pounds. So, I need to find another scale that has recently been calibrated.

That's it for now. Only 10 more days til Clearwater.

T

No comments: