Saturday, October 25, 2008

This Week

I have completely trained myself into the ground this week. The Long run and easier ride on Tuesday started the series of hard days. Wednesday was a hard swim and a hard bike. And the windy condition here in Lexington didn't make the bike ride any better. Thursday was a 40 minute tempo run and a moderate swim. That morning was in the mid 30's and the coldest weather that I've run in since the spring. So doing a 40 minute effort in that weather was not my idea of fun at 7 a.m. but I needed to get it out of the way for the afternoon workout. And the afternoon swim was going to be a garbage yardage set until I ended up in the water with the HS club team that practices at my pool. I ended up swimming 4500y with a lot of butterfly (which I hate). Yesterday was an easy swim and a trainer bike ride thanks to the rain. It was my first trainer ride since May so I guess I can't complain. And riding the trainer is good practice for the flat roads in Clearwater.
Today I have my last significant brick workout with my last longer run tomorrow. I can't wait to go outside and ride in the cold, haha. But 50 degrees isn't too bad, it just feels cold out on the bike. But I'm really looking forward to the afternoon of watching college football in my warm apartment. It will make it sooo much sweeter after my ride. Maybe the CATS can pull off an upset over the Gators even though we have lost two of our star players of the last two weeks (Locke, Lyons Jr.)

GO CATS

T-Bird

No comments: