Thursday, October 16, 2008

October Fitness Challenge Update

As of 6:30 pm on Thursday the 16th of Oct. The car is winning. The car has 422 miles compared to the 374 miles I've put on my bike this month. I have made two out of town trips in my car with another possible one in about a week. But I also have 100+ miles planned for the bike in the next two days. So I feel like I'm doing pretty good for the amount of out of town trips I will end up making in my car.

Training has been going pretty well lately. My best friend (and my coach's husband) called me a masochist meaning that I like to torture myself or that I enjoy pain. I had a bike ride on Tuesday that was 2 x 30 minutes at race pace effort. It was supposed to be a 40 - 45 mile ride that ended up being 61 miles. All of my workouts have been a little harder/longer this week than they have supposed to have been. This morning was a track workout that was pretty easy compared to some of the silly workouts that I've done. I did 8 x 800 at a pace that I usually hold for mile repeat workouts. I'm used to running AFAP during workouts and I end up really hurting towards the end, or I end up cutting the workout short. But some of my running workouts lately have been pacing (still a pretty fast pace) workouts which turn out pretty well in the end.

My legs are a little tired right now but tomorrow isn't a horribly hard day and I have a big ride with a short run on Saturday. My longest run before Clearwater will be on Sunday with a recovery swim in the afternoon. So I'm excited about everything that is going on. I haven't worried about motivation or anything, I have just been waking up without a second thought and lacing up the shoes for a run. This afternoon was dark and dreary and I still just came home from class and went for a bike ride without even thinking about skipping it. So I guess that means that I have a lot of motivation right now, ha. I just have to keep this up for 3 more weeks.

Tony

No comments: