Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SFC Update

The September Fitness Challenge is officially over, and I failed miserably, haha. The swimming part of the deal ended almost as soon as it began. However, I was cutting it close with the running challenge all month. And I left it all up to the last day of Sept. to close the deal. I usually do not run twice in a day, but did several times during this month because I do enjoy the occasional two-a-day. However, on the 30th of Sept. I needed to run twice to finish the 27 runs. I had an exam at 12:30 pm and a bike workout (which was the key workout of the day), so it looked highly unlikely that I was going to do it. And I didn't, haha. I woke up to get in a short morning run, but remembered that I needed to study for the exam. I did run after my bike WO so I ended up with 26 runs in Sept. which is a lot more than the previous several months. I only ran 17 - 18 times, avg. about 25 MPW in August. July was only 16 runs, avg. in the low 30 MPW. So, the challenge did encourage me to run a little more than I have been lately, I avgeraged over 40 MPW, and also had some really good workouts.

Off to school.

Tony

No comments: