Friday, October 3, 2008

Boredom

So today is the 3rd day of October and I'm dominating my car (mileage wise) in the October Fitness Challenge. I have ridden 46.7 miles on my bikes compared to the 16.6 miles I have put on my car. I did not drive at all today or the first day of October. If I just stop taking girls on dates, then I won't need a car at all, haha. I have a shorter ride planned tomorrow and the Susan Bradley-Cox Tri For Sight (http://www.triforsight.com/) on Sunday. We'll see if I can keep this up all month.

Training has been going pretty good lately. I've had some good workouts, and I've backed off a little this week for the race this weekend. Today was an easy swim. Tomorrow is just a loosen up day, and then the race on Sunday. My goal for the race on Sunday is to break 44 minutes on the bike. The course record is 44:35, which was set by my buddy Eric Bell at last year's race. I went 44:55 two years ago, and I feel that I'm a much stronger on the bike, and I'm riding a much nicer bike. But we'll see how the weather is Sunday morning. Obviously, the main goal is to win the race.

And it is Friday night, and I'm bored out of my mind. I am sitting in my living room, watching a "That 70's Show" marathon on ABC family, and I'm writing on my blog. I will end up going to bed early, but I hate just sitting around doing nothing on nights like this. I'll probably hit the sack soon since I have to wake up at like 4 am on Sunday morning.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: