Friday, October 10, 2008

Home, Sweet, Home

October Fitness Challenge Update: Car - 304 miles vs. Bike - 228 miles
Right now I'm losing miserably to my car, but this includes two days on the road with another to come tomorrow. The next two weeks should be pretty good since my biking miles will be up and I will not be making any out of town trips.

Right now, I'm in my home town of Corbin. I travelled down here to get my car worked on (by a trusted person, not the dealer who tried to get 1,500 dollars out of me about a month ago, all for tires, shocks, brakes, and power steering fluid), watch my sister cheer at a HS football game, and to hang out with the fam. I got in a great ride this morning, going almost 62 miles in just over 3 hours of riding. I love the roads around here. And I got in a short run of 1.5 miles after the ride just to loosen up. Tomorrow I have a longer run of 10 - 11 miles with my bro, an easy bike ride, college football to watch, and a trip to the soccer fields to watch my sis play.

Today was day two, of the 4 days from hell. Yesterday consisted of a running workout of around 10 miles, a swim of 4,000 yards, and a bike ride of 30 miles. Today was the long ride and a short run. This weekend is another easy bike, two long runs (both around 10 miles), and a longer swim on Sunday. I guess the weekend won't be too bad, but I'm pretty tired from yesterday and today. We'll see how those two long runs go. Then it'll be time for an active recovery day on Monday. Too bad that I have class all day, allowing me no time to lay around and sleep, haha.

T-Bird

No comments: