Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week of Training

Hey guys,
It's late Sunday afternoon and I just finished my last training session of the week. I'm enjoying a little football, while keeping track of my fantasy football team, and watching the U.S. Open on TV. I just completed my longest run since my 70.3 race on August 2nd. It wasn't the best run in the world but it topped off my good week of running (43 miles). This week has been a pretty good training week. I got in a longerish bike ride yesterday morning before I went to the UK/Norfolk St. football game. I rode about 56 miles with two buddies at a pretty leisurely pace. That was also my longest ride since the 70.3 race. My class schedule doesn't work out great with the pool hours, so I'm getting in some short and sweet swim workouts, but nothing too arduous. Hopefully, I'll be able to do some longer swim sessions in the next few weeks. I ended up swimming 5 times, running 6 times, and only biking 3 times this week for a total of 17 hours of training.

Next week, I plan on running and swimming at least 6 times each while biking at least 4 times. So hopefully I'll continue my build up for Clearwater here in the next few weeks while keeping several intense workouts per week.

Well, I'm off to church. Thanks for reading.


Tony

No comments: