Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Good and the Bad

So I wake up on Sunday morning and I don't feel good at all. I just figured that it was because I had a long day on Saturday with my long bike ride, tailgating for the UK football game, the actual game itself, and then staying up late for really no reason at all. I did manage to do a long run on Sunday, but I didn't feel good after my run. I ate a little food, but it seemed like I had a minor case of food poisoning, or the stomach flu. I ended up laying around on the couch for several hours before going to bed. These past few days I've been stopped up, had bronchitis, and these have cut my breathing a little short. My workouts have been mediocre, but have felt extremely hard because of this "shortness of breath."

Well, yesterday I was finally feeling a little better (not perfect, but better) and a track workout was my main workout of the day. I had 3 x mile and 4 x 800. This is one of the harder running workouts I've done since July. On the second mile repeat, I step on the railing on the inside of lane 1 and roll my ankle. I usually roll my ankle about 3 - 4 times a year on a run and it is never serious, so I just kept going. It felt a little weird at first but I finished the workout with no problem. Well, as the day progressed, it felt worse and worse. I swam yesterday evening, and could barely kick. I did a long set of pulling and swam only 3000 yards (but it was also my third workout of the day). I then limped to and from Pazzo's (my favorite pizza place in Lexington) which is only about 4 blocks from my house, and realized that this might take a few days to recover from.

So now I find myself skipping my easy morning run so I can ice my ankle and post on my blog, haha. I guess this could be a blessing in disguise since I have a lot of reading to do for my class at 12:30 this afternoon. This whole school thing is cutting into my training time, haha. And I also have a hard bike ride right after class. So I'm sure I'll be fine and back running tomorrow.

SFC report - So far this month, after 10 days of September, I have ran and swam 8 times. My ankle will set me back just a tad in the running department, but it nothing that several two-a-days can't solve, haha.

Thanks for reading.

Tony

No comments: