Sunday, September 28, 2008

My next Challenge

So September is almost up, and the running challenge is almost finished. All I need to do is run three more times in the next two days. Tomorrow is supposed to be my active recovery day, but would be my better day to get in two runs when compared to Tuesday. Tuesday is usually my bike workout day. And with the end of September comes the beginning of October, and possibly a new challenge?

My October challenge is going to be about the bike. I'm going to try and ride my bike more miles than I put on my car. There doesn't need to be any crazy rules or anything. Every time I ride my bike, those miles will count. I commute to class on my bike so those will count.

And today, for some reason, I decided to do an epic swim. I had a meeting at the pool at 4 so I decided that I would get in the water sometime around 2 and just swim until the meeting. And I also had to swim a 500 at 5 pm for my life guarding job. I ended up getting in the water a little late, but I still managed to get in 6000 yards before the meeting and then an extra 500 after the meeting. So I ended up with 6500 yards. This is the second most I've ever swam in one day. Obviously, I did not swim competitively in HS or college, so that would explain why this is a big swim for me. And this gave me almost 24,000 yards for the week, which is my biggest swimming week in forever.

Time for a little Family Guy, homework, and sleep.

No comments: