Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Big Week

This week will be the biggest training week that I've put together since the week of July 14th. I still have tomorrow's long run of 14 - 15 miles and then a swim workout, which will add another 3 hours of training. So far, I've got almost 16 hours exactly. I've put in 160 miles this week on the bike, including today's tempo ride of almost 55 miles. I also had a really good run workout yesterday. It was 6 x 1 mile on a 1/2 mile dirt path. It's been a while since I've done that workout, but it was almost easier than I remember it. Run workouts are never really "easy" but this one sure didn't destroy me like some of those others have.

And I have made the decision to stay local and race the Tri for Sight here in Lexington, KY instead of traveling to Dallas, TX and race in the U.S. Open Triathlon (Elite Amateur championship race). This may seem like a strange decision, but my main focus is the 70.3 race in Clearwater in November. I didn't want to taper for Dallas and then build up again afterwards. And I didn't race in Chicago with the mind set that I wanted to qualify for Dallas. I just happened to qualify. I do feel bad turning down my spot, but I have several obligations here in town that weekend.

But, other than that, there has been nothing exciting going on so I haven't posted in a few days, and this isn't really much of a post, haha. But it's time for a nap and/or watch some more of the Ryder Cup.

Go USA!!!!!

T-Bird

No comments: