Saturday, September 13, 2008

Training and Fantasy Football

I ran twice yesterday which might have been a huge mistake. I woke up and ran 5 miles with my "Preparing for a Half Marathon" class that I teach and I decided to run again with a friend later in the afternoon. This was a horrible decision. The second run ended up being about 7.5 miles and one of the longest 7.5 mile long runs of my life. However, I did manage to get in a good swim around noon. "Three-a-days" aren't my favorite thing to do, but when they're all fairly short, it's not too big of a deal.

I did make up for it by going on a date last night and eating my body weight in food, haha. Probably not the best thing to do on a first date, but we had fun. I consumed several glasses of sweet tea, a very large plate of baked spaghetti, two scoops of ice cream from Baskins Robbins, and a large Coke from the cinema. I felt like I was going to explode during the movie.

And today's workouts went fairly well. I completed my longest ride since before my 70.3 race. I rode just over 60 miles in 3:15. And I finished that ride with 3 miles of running, which didn't feel great, but I was able to finish. Now I just have to finish my long run for the week tomorrow morning with the possibility of biking and swimming as well. Man, I love those three-a-days.

I have the curse of having 4 pretty good RB's on my fantasy football team, and I cannot decide who to bench. I have Clinton Portis from Washington, Frank Gore from San Fran, Chris Johnson from Tennessee, and Earnest Graham from Tampa. Portis didn't have a good game last week while Johnson had an amazing game (and he was on my bench). I'm thinking I'm going to bench Portis, even though he's still ranked as a top 10 RB right now. Gore is my only definite starter right now. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind before tomorrow, but if anyone has any suggestions then let me know. Fo sho.

Thanks for Reading

Go Cats.

T-Bird

No comments: