Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Productivity and Ice

Monday was my first day off since January 1st, as I mentioned in my last post. I decided to make it a productive day. I did lots of things that I've been meaning to do for weeks. I woke up and taught my three classes. In between classes, I was doing some reading for the class that I'm taking, and getting work done for the classes that I'm teaching. I had been putting all of that stuff off for at least a week or two. When I was done teaching, I dropped by the bank to make a deposit and went to get a haircut. After the haircut, I went to Best Buy and bought a new laptop. My old laptop crashed about 3 weeks ago and I managed without a laptop for a while, but it's just so much easier with one. I got tired of hoping my roommates weren't home so I could use their computers. This post is my first post from my new laptop, and I love it. I then dropped some clothes off at Goodwill, which had been in my car for over a month, and then I headed to Eric's to play some Halo 3.

I woke up at 6 am yesterday morning to the sound of my phone ringing. It was the UK alert system alerting everyone that is signed up for the alert system that class had been cancelled before 11 am. So I slept in until about 9 and then I walked to the pool to teach my class at 11. I got in a swim and then decided that I didn't need to go to class at 3:30 so I could ride the trainer. I found out later that classes after 3:30 got cancelled anyways. We got a lot of ice/snow Monday night and all day Tuesday. It is now snowing and classes were cancelled all day today. This is the first day that UK has cancelled a full day of class in about 2 - 3 years. There is a bunch of snow on the ground with a sheet of ice overtop of the snow. It makes for great weather to go outside and bike/run in, hahaha. The pool is closed today so I won't be able to swim and the Johnson Center is closed so I won't be able to run, so I guess it's another day on the trainer. Luckily, it's my recovery week and I don't have a lot to do this week anyways. I'll just make up the workouts tomorrow and Sunday.

As Febuary gets closer, I am preparing for the Febuary Fitness Challenge. Our Master's Swim team always competes in this, and the goal is to swim as much as possible within the month of Febuary. I hit around 120,000 yards last year, and I would like to swim more this year. I didn't realize I swam that much until just now. Maybe I'll aim for 130,000??? We'll see. Last year was a leap year so I had an extra day of training last year. Maybe I'll swim some 2-a-days.

I guess I'll play some Wii until it's time to ride the trainer at Eric's and then play Halo 3. I'll get in my nintendo playing time today.

T-Bird

No comments: