Monday, January 19, 2009

BIG TIME

This early in the year, I never really put together a huge training week together; until this past week. Not that it was a HUGE week but I had 18:50 totals hours of workouts. That is more like a middle of the summer type of week, not an early January week of training.

Swim: 7:45 hrs
Bike: 6:00 hrs
Run: 5:00 hrs

I have actually started to feel a little better in the water. I had a pretty good swim on Friday and I just goofed around in the water yesterday. My last workout of the week was a long, hard run with a couple of my buddies who are a little faster than me. I ended up running 13.5 miles around 6:30 pace. We started slow, but progressively got faster throughout the run. But I guess that is what I should have expected running with 3 ex-collegiate athletes, one of which ran in the Olympics this past summer, and two other guys that are about my speed.

Today is going to be an active recovery day, and then I'll hit it hard again tomorrow. This week is going to look about the same as last week, just with an additional hour of biking, and maybe an extra 30 minutes of running or so. The swim will probably be about the same.

Stay Warm. It probably won't be hard now that the super cold front has already passed through.

Tony

No comments: