Monday, January 5, 2009

Let's Do This

Today starts the day of my base phase training. I have enjoyed my down time but it's time to kick it into gear. I'm headed to the pool in about an hour to get in my first swim in about 2 weeks and I'll be on the trainer for the first time since before Clearwater. I'm taking today off from running because I had my biggest week of running last week since October of 2007.
This is when I was training for my last marathon and I hit 80 miles that second week of October before I started to taper. I hit 57 miles this past week, and that included a day off.
Maybe I'll just focus on running. I could run 80+ miles a week and still be under 10 hours for the week. This whole triathlon training takes up way more time. An easy week could be 15+ hours of training. If only I were capable of running professionally. I would only need to drop about 5 minutes off of my 10k PR. Maybe 6 minutes. HAHA

UK won their third straight bowl game for the first time in history. We defeated East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl thanks to our defense. We returned a fumble for a TD for the go ahead score. And tonight is the big Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. If all goes to plan, Texas will win by 56. I'm not really a Texas fan. My two favorite teams in college football is UK and whoever is playing Ohio State. So needless to say, I'm rooting for the Longhorns baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe,
I am very proud of you and your efforts. Keep all of us posted about your upcoming races. I hear you had a "date" the other night. I use that term loosely! Happy early Birthday, by the way, you were born 8 days early. Love you, talk to you this weekend. Mom