Monday, January 26, 2009

Holy Moly

Yesterday was the dreaded 1 hour swim that our Master's swim team does every January. This was the third year that that I've competed in the hr swim. Two years ago I swam about 4,400 - 4,500 yards. Last year I swam somewhere around 4,800 yards. This year my goal was to finish more than 5,000 yards. I knew this was a big goal considering I did a 30 minute swim about 2 weeks before this and I wasn't able to complete 2,500 yards in 30 minutes. But I jumped in the water yesterday and I felt great. I knew every 500 yards had to be completed in 6 minutes. So off of my flipturns, I would take a breath to the left and glance at the clock to see where I was at. I held almost the exact same pace the whole swim. But needless to say, I'm smoked today. Today is going to be my first day off since January 1st. I had another huge week of training this past week.

Bike: 6:30 hours
Swim: 7:20 hours
Run: 5:15 hours

And I'll give a shout out to my girlfriend who broke the UK school record for the 200 IM. She set a new personal best by almost 5 seconds and broke the school record by 1/2 second going 2:00.52 in the 200 IM. She also set personal bests in the 200 freestyle (missing the school record by .2 seconds) and the 200 fly this past weekend against the University of Louisville.

Off to teach.

Tony

No comments: