Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

New Year's day is always a wonderful day to lay around and watch tv all day. With almost 6 bowl games on, and the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci Fi, I watch more tv in one day since last new yr's day.
Today is the biggest bowl game of them all.... The Liberty Bowl!!! Kentucky v. East Carolina
Hopefully we can pull out a win, but with most of our "good" guys hurt, it might be hard to do. Expecially with our QB/WR Randall Cobb who hurt his knee in the last game of the season.

Since I've been home for the holidays, there has been only running in my training. I will hopefully hit 50+ this week. I'm doing a long run today and then two easy runs over the weekend. Then I'm headed back to Lexington to start up the Base phase of my training. I think my first week back is around 15 hrs. of training.
I had an amazing Christmas. I got all kinds of good clothes including pj pants, running clothes/shoes, some nice underwear and socks, and a few other goodies. I got a Garmin 405 forerunner. It a nice GPS watch with a HR monitor. I've worn it on almost all of my runs since Christmas. It shows: time, distance, pace, avg. HR, calories burned, and elevation. And the info uploads on my computer automatically when the watch is within 3 meters of my computer, I don't even have to hook it up. It's fun to play with.

There really isn't much to update. Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year.

Go CATS!!!!!!

Tony

No comments: