Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

After my first week of training, I only skipped two workouts, haha. And they both happened to be biking workouts on the trainer. It is miserably cold here in Lexington, and only getting colder this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to muster the motivation to sit on the trainer a few more times this week. My totals for last week were:

Running: 4:45 hrs
Biking: 3 hrs
Swimming: 6:50 hrs

So my week last week was a little swim heavy, but I just feel horrible in the water. I'm hoping that ends soon. I feel like I'm swimming slower and trying harder to go the same speed as before Clearwater. I've already swam twice this week, and will probably end up swimming 6 days this week. I actually felt decent on the trainer considering I hadn't touched my bike since Clearwater. I averaged close to 19 mph (not that hard to do on the trainer) for my first trainer ride and last year at this time I was riding hard to average 17.5 on the same trainer. So I feel like I haven't lost much from the race. But I guess there is a bid difference from 2 months and almost 4.5 months of time off.

I had a great weekend with all of my friends and family sending me birthday wishes. I have eaten my body weight in candy and I still have some to eat. My mom brought up one of my favorite jello salads, Beth baked me some brownies, and another close friend baked me a cake today since she was out of town this past weekend.

I'm currently just sitting around waiting for school to begin. I really do not want it to, but I am only taking one class this semester since that is all I need to graduate. I am teaching the same four classes I taught last semester which is a relief considering some of the TA's get stuck in classes they're not sure how to teach. School starts up tomorrow, but it shouldn't be too crazy since it's the first day. And I'm really looking forward to the three day weekend, haha.

Thanks to all of the birthday wishes.

Tony

No comments: