Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Art of Procrastination

I'm waiting for the last class that I have to teach on Monday to roll around and I'm just killing time. It's 12:31 pm and I have just finished my first swim workout in about a week. I'm scrolling through the emails to find one from my partner in my group from my "Team Development" class. The emails says that not only are we presenting our group project Monday night but that our individual final paper is due as well. The class begins at 4 pm and I teach until 2 pm. I knew that we were presenting but I thought the paper was due the following Monday. I quickly ran to my office, grabbed my notes/textbook, and went to work. I put the outline together for the paper in about 15 minutes, then I had to go teach. After class, I walked swiftly home to start typing (my computer is at home). I started typing around 2:15 and was finished before 3. I didn't even check the paper, I just emailed it to myself and walked straight back to my office to print it off. I printed the paper, got everything set for our group presentation, and walked in class at 3:58 pm. About 5 minutes into class, Dr. Weiner (pronounced "Why-ner"), he asks who has their "Team analysis" complete and who was going to PRESENT it. Of course, he calls on me first. I walk up there and basically just go through my paper in front of class. I analyzed the "Mid East Elite Triathlon Team" (my team) and he loved the concept of our team. Not only did he enjoy that, but he stated that I encorporated the whole class into my paper and that I did a wonderful job. haha, who says they need to work on papers that are worth 25% of your final grade for more than an hour. And the group presentation went great as well.

So that was two out of nine graded assignments that are due in these last two weeks of school. I have an exam today, and then I'm finished for this week. I have a paper and 2 group projects next week, and then 2 finals and a final paper due on Monday, Dec. 15th. Then I'm Dunzo for this semester.

And I'll give a shout out to David Garrard, the Jacksonville Jaquars, who scored enough points last night for my Fantasy football team to win, put me in first place in my division, and also into the playoff's for my league (which begins this coming weekend). Nice Game Mr. Garrard!!!!

Dub - C

No comments: