Wednesday, December 21, 2011

FF - Championship weekend

Unfortunately I am not apart of it. Both of my teams were denied the finals in Fantasy Football and it was upsetting, especially in my "work" league. Eli Manning's pass to a wide open Hakeem Nicks and then Nicks dropping the ball cost me my shot in the championship. I only lost by 4 points and Eli only scored me 6 points when his average is well above 20 in our league. If he would have had the one TD, that would have given him at least 6 more points. My other league I just got destroyed as the opposing team had 3 players score 30+ (Matt Stafford, CJ Spiller, and Aaron Hernandez).

Pick ups of the week:

Bear's RB - Kahlil Bell. He filled in for a Marion Barber who was not playing well and managed to score 19 points in my league and is still available. He will most likely get the start for week 16 against the Packers.

Donald Brown - Colts RB: I happened to be in attendance when the Colts got their first win of the season and Brown looked really good even if Addai got the start. Brown popped off a few long runs, and had the big 80 yard TD run to seal the deal against the Titans.

Side Note: I was really impressed with Jake Locker as I'm a Titan's fan. Hasselbeck did not have a good game and I hated to see him stay in as long as he did. When Locker came in, he drove the offense down the field and scored a TD. Hopefully the Titans have a future star in Locker.

It is the last week of the season in most leagues so most owners have stopped caring since they aren't in the finals (including myself). But if you are fortunate enough to have made the finals, good luck and look into players that are filling in for injured players if you really need to fill a hole in your line up. Pretty much the same advice I gave last week.

Tony

No comments: