Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Here

I may not be a Fantasy Football expert but now that I've played for several years, each year with a growing passion for it, I feel that I have a pretty good amount of knowledge about the topic. Today is the first day of the Playoff's. I have Mike Wallace from the Steelers playing tonight in my "work" league and I feel that my team is ready to go. The loss of Matt Forte killed me in my other league, but I was able to pick up Marion Barber in my "work" league so I may have found a decent replacement RB #2 if he is able to pick up a little slack. I know the Bears' offense is in trouble right now with what-ever-his-name-is at QB. The rest of the slots on my team, I feel really good about, other than the Flex position in which I can play 1 of 2 WR's from the Titans, which tend to be hit or miss. I have both Damien Williams and Nate Washington and I'm not sure who I should play. If I play one, the other has a good game, so hopefully I get lucky this week.

In my "college buddies" league, my QB spot is hurting me. I have Palmer, Matt Moore, and Matt Hasslebeck, but am not sure who I should start. They are all playing defenses' this week that aren't the best at stopping the pass. Hasslebeck hasn't had a good game in almost 4 weeks, Palmer has played decent, and Moore is hit and miss with several BIG games. I have Ryan Grant as one of my RB's and that is because of the loss of Matt Forte. Starks tweaked his ankle for the Packers last weekend so Grant may get the start which may be great news for me. I tried to pick up Toby Gerhart who's filling in for Adrian Peterson on the Vikings, but someone beat me to it.

In other news, I had a run last night that was my best run since I got this stupid injury. I went out the door at around 6:45pm (which almost never happens) and decided to jog easy for at least 30 minutes. Turns out, I felt great and my HR stayed pretty low while I was running sub 7 minute miles for 5 miles. Just 2 weeks ago, I was running 7:30 - 7:45 pace with average HR of high 140's. Last night my average HR was 140. I still have some work to do in the pool as I struggled on a set yesterday that had a few 1:10 base 100's which normally I don't have too much trouble making the send off as long as there aren't more than 5 or 6 in a row.

Off to the pool. On a side note, I got super excited last night when National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation was on TV. Easily, one of my favorite Christmas movies.

And my fiance and I are currently looking at where we should have our wedding here in Lexington. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment or shoot me an email. twhite_4@yahoo.com

Tony

No comments: