Monday, December 5, 2011

MIA again

Yes, I know, it has been a month since I last posted (again) but to repeat what I said previously, not much has been going on. I am actually training again which is nice, but frustrating considering my HR is much higher doing much easier bike rides and runs. I put in a solid week last week in which I was very consistent about cycling, swimming, and running for the first time since September.

There have been some big updates in my life though. I missed my family's Thanksgiving get together for the first time in my life because I traveled with my girlfriend to visit her family. I met all of her extended family and had a great time. The family football game definitely got my competitive juices flowing and made me realize that I haven't lost much from middle school football, haha. During this weekend, I was able to have a serious talk with Casey's dad, and as of this past Friday, Casey is now my fiance. So I am now engaged and have another event to plan in 2012. That is the big news for me in the previous month. Other than that, I have just been working, and working out occasionally.

Also, I'm ready to get focused for both of my fantasy football playoffs. In my "College buddies" FF league, I have a pretty solid team, but just took a HUGE loss with the knee injury of Matt Forte. I don't have a solid backup RB, but hopefully Chris Johnson, and my 3 WR's will carry my team. I have been struggling with the TE and QB position all year. I made a STUPID move early in the year by dropping Ben Roethlisberger. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I had just lost in a close match and he was only averaging 14 points a game at the time, so I got rid of him and picked up Josh Freeman. STUPID!!!! Freeman is now hurt and I have started either Carson Palmer or Matt Hasselbeck. MH hasn't played well at all, but Palmer is putting up decent numbers so he may have to carry my team through the Playoffs. And my TE was Dallas Clark, but thanks to Peyton Manning's injury, Clark has had a terrible year and I was forced to pick up a TE off of waivers.

In my "work" league, I lost my #2 RB (Jahvid Best) a long time ago, so I have been battling to find a 2nd RB. Donald Brown was able to have a decent game this past weekend and he scored 12 points for me which is the most points that position has scored for me in a few weeks. Ray Rice and Rob Gronkowski really carried my team with the help of Eli Manning and Mike Wallace. I was able to defeat the #1 team in the league, but all of the teams are so even, it doesn't really matter. There are a few games that still have to be decided tonight to finalize how the playoffs will lay out. I'm really hoping to avoid playing my brother in the 1st round as he lost a few games early in the season due to injuries, but he is definitely the best team in the league right now as he has put up 184 points this weekend with MJD still to play tonight. He is on a winning streak of around 3 - 4 games and seems to win by alot when he does win. When he loses, it's because his team does average, and the other team manages to outscore him by 5 points or less.

So this week, Casey and I are going to do a little research into our wedding plans and I'm going to do a little research of how to fix my RB problem for FF. And also to have another consistent week of training.

I'll try to post more this month. Maybe a post about my favorite Christmas movies, or favorite Christmas foods, who knows.

Tony

No comments: