Friday, March 9, 2012

Where have you been???

Yes, I know. It has been a long time and I'm sure that my dedicated readers have stopped checking as they have given up on me. I will assure you that training is going well and that I am doing well. Wedding Planning, Triathlon training, and coaching have taken over the past few months. Casey has taken charge for the wedding planning and I'm just her support crew. I help out when I can, but mostly stay out of the way. It has actually gone very well and there is no way I could have done over 50% of the things that she has done.

My training has been very good. I haven't done anything too crazy, just putting in the work. My goal the past few months was to be consistent with my training which it has been. My run training has slowly come back as I finally got rid of that stupid heel pain that I had. I thought that it was Plantar Fasctia (spelling?) but found out that I did everything that I did to prevent/cure this disease (while taking time completely off from exercise), did not help with the pain. I never really got a diagnosis but Casey's mom (who is a Physical Therapist) thought that it may nerve related and showed me some stretches to help with this. I did those stretches and it helped and got better.

I don't have a race schedule set in stone for the year yet but I am still with the US Pro Tri team. We have picked up a few new guys and have a pretty solid team this year. It is always exciting to have a line of sponsors to help out and to be apart of such a good team. I'll have my race schedule soon.

The only thing that is set in stone is...

MY WEDDING!!!!

SEPTEMBER 2ND, 2012.

I'll post more often from here on out. I promise.

Tony

No comments: