Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today's Workout

First off, training is going pretty good. I had a great weekend of training in Corbin while I also attended one of my best friends' wedding on Saturday. And I want to say Congrats to Daniel and Lindsay Lowe. It was a great wedding and I had a blast. That is why Casey and I were all dressed up for in that picture from the last post. We decided that we should take a picture since we really don't get dressed up all that often, ha. I have a race this weekend here in Lexington and I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, it is Wednesday so I have another workout. Since Dathan Ritzenhein broke the American Record in the 5k about a week ago, I'll post one of my favorite workouts of his. This was a workout he did leading into the Olympic Trials marathon in 2007. He did this "marathon paced run" about a month before the race. He practiced everything including nutrition and hydration just as if he were running the race itself. It's kind of a long video, but they explain everything that is included during the workout and the reason for doing those things. Here's the link:

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/speaker/85-dathan-ritzenhein/5468-part-4-the-workout

Hope you enjoy.

T-Bird

No comments: