Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Workout Wednesday

I'm going to steal an idea from several websites and start posting some of my favorite workouts every Wednesday. Whether it is a workout that I like to do during a certain training phase, or it is a workout video that I have borrowed from other websites, there will be some kind of workout posted.

I'm going to start today with one of my favorite workout videos from www.flotrack.org. I love this website and they always have great coverage of whatever big meet is going on. The link says the video was posted April 11th, but I believe it was originally posted last fall when this workout was recorded. The OSU Cowboys (the better of the 3 OSU's) ran this workout as a tune up workout before going into the National XC meet in November. It is 6 x 1 mile repeats on the xc course. The goal was to decend every repeat. If an athlete ran any single repeat slower than the previous, they were done with the workout, no matter what number they were on. The ultimate goal was to run all 6 repeats. Enjoy

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/speaker/635-german-fernandez/78340-oklahoma-state-workout-with-the-cowboys-episode-7



Tony

1 comment:

Kevin Ryan said...

This is my favorite workout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks