Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation Time

After returning from Michigan on Sunday, I went straight to Corbin to enjoy a birthday dinner for my dad. I returned to Lexington on Monday and have had a great week of training. We had some nasty storms on Tuesday which flooded Louisville, so I was stuck on the trainer for an easy ride. I was fortunate enough to head out the door for an easy run that evening after the storms passed. I woke up yesterday morning to swim with a couple of friends at an outdoor pool. It was 62 degrees outside and raining. It had rained for several hours so the water temperature was really cold. I was freezing. This is probably the coldest I've ever been during a swim workout. I came home, took a hot shower, put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, then made a big cup of coffee. Yesterday evening, me and 7 others, yes I said 7 others, took off for a bike ride. It was nice to ride with a bigger group. We rode to the hill up from the Ferry on Tates Creek hill and did three repeats, one of which was insanely hard. And by some miracle, I woke up this morning to run with the early morning run group at 5:30 am. We did 8 miles this morning at a nice little clip.

So, training is going really well and I feel pretty good considering I did a 70.3 just last Saturday. I guess I didn't go hard enough, ha. But I'm excited about Saturday because it is time for our annual family vacation. This year we are headed to Destin, Fl. We will be there for a week and it will be nice to hang out on the beach and have nothing to worry about (not that I really have much to worry about here in Lexington). Next on the schedule is Elite Nationals ITU in Tuscaloosa, AL on the 22nd.

I have just been so blessed with my friends and family that have given me the opportunities that I have and I'm looking forward to everything in the near future. Whether it is my training partners who help get me out the door, my family who always give me encouraging words no matter what the situation, or somebody who has never met me but keeps up with me through my blog/twitter; I thank you all for this and giving me this opportunity. I love doing what I'm doing.

Tony

No comments: