Friday, November 21, 2008

Leisure Time

Since I'm not exercising at the moment (with an exception to a few short swims), I have had a crazy amount of free time. I have watched movies, taken naps, and played on the internet a lot. I should be doing homework, but its hard to get motivated to do homework when it's not due for a while. And today was a lucky surprise. We got snow for the first time this fall so I cancelled my running class this morning. My other two classes got cancelled on Wednesday because the pool is closed today due to a swim meet that is going on. So today is a day off that I wasn't expecting.

Last night was my big intramural swim meet, haha. My team had an amazing showing. My buddy, Will Vietti, went 3 - 0 in his races. He won the 100 IM, 50 breast, and the 200 free relay. I happened to win the 100 free, get 3rd in the 50 fly (my worst stroke), and also contributed to our 200 free relay victory. Some of my other buddies told me that some fast guys usually swim, but I guess they weren't there this year. I was only one of two guys under :60 for the 100 free, when I heard last year the winner went in the low :50's. And our relay won by almost 15 seconds. I didn't expect to dominate like that at all. Our other two team members placed well in the 50 free, 100 IM, and 50 breast. But I guess when we're swimming against a bunch of out of shape frat guys, it's not fair, haha.

On Sunday, I'm headed up to Terre Haute, IN to watch the UK girls and Adam Henken from UK compete in the NCAA XC meet. I have gone every year for the past 6 years, but this is only the third time that I have someone from UK to root for, and only the 2nd time I'll have the whole team to root for. My old roommate Chris Millisor and I are headed up with a group of guys from the team. We may have to start off the trip like we did 6 years ago with a dozen of donuts being consumed in the first 30 minutes of the trip.

Go Cats

Tony

No comments: