Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime

Since my last race, I have had a great week of recovery and a great week of training. Last week I hit my yearly high for hours of training in 1 week, and the week before I was at the lake for 4 days getting in plenty of rest after Kansas 70.3.

I got in a few easy bouts of exercise the days after Kansas, then went to Lake Barkley on Wednesday of that week. I was there until Sunday. I got in plenty of boating time which including waterskiing and tubing behind the boat, along with some pool time. I was able to finish "The Blindside" book which was a great read. I have seen the movie twice, but the book had a little more background information about the whole story behind the left tackle in the NFL and also a little more background about the people involved in the story. Anyways, I played a little golf, and our family had a surprise party celebrating my great aunt and uncle's 60th wedding anniversary.

I got back to work on Monday and I had a very solid week of training last week. I got in a great longer ride with my brother on Saturday even though it rained on us for most of the ride. And we got in our long run yesterday before it got blazing hot. It was still really humid and made for a not-so-comfortable run but we got in the miles. I finished the week with over 20 hours of training which was the first time this year I've hit that mark.

After the run, we had a great father's day in Corbin by eating a great lunch after church, then hanging out by the pool with the family.

Now I'm taking advantage of my recovery day by sleeping in this morning and get a little work done at the shop right now. I might end up at the pool and get in a little swim later today.

Until next time.

Tony

No comments: