Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Short Work Week

Well, last weekend I flew to St. Louis to visit Casey. I flew out at 8 am and arrived at 8:05 (with time change) which is always nice. I went for a little run and hung out by the pool for the rest of the day. It was a nice and relaxing weekend with my girlfriend and her family. Saturday I got to swim with her old club team which was a change of pace. That area has a bunch of outdoor swimming pools. I swam with the club team Saturday morning in a 50m outdoor pool and then with the Master's team on Sunday morning at a different outdoor 50m pool. I love swimming outdoors, especially when it's a long course pool. I squeezed in a few runs in the sweltering heat that weekend and managed to not miss a day of training on my Memorial Day weekend. I got in 2 workouts Sunday morning before we left for the river (first time for me). Casey's family has a boat on the river and we took it out. I have never been on a boat on the river. I grew up on the lake and always travel to the Lake for our annual family reunion but I've never been on a river. The water was a little rough and we had to dodge a few more logs and sticks, but otherwise it was a good time. Friday night and Sunday night we ate some amazing home cooked/grilled food and Saturday night we visited "The Hill" and had some really good Italian food. We drove back on Monday (Casey had to return to Lexington for school on Tuesday). St. Louis isn't as far as I had originally thought, but it was a short drive either.

I worked Tuesday thru Thursday and got in some solid taper workouts before I hit the road again yesterday. We left Lexington before 9 am and arrived in Lawrence, Kansas last night around 6 pm. It was a long drive, but we borrowed a full size van so we could fit 4 people with 4 bikes and all of the luggage. It worked great. I may have consumed enough calories yesterday on the trip to feed a normal American for 3 - 4 days, ha. Something about being bored in the car and snacking just goes together.

I had an amazing Hawaiian chicago style pizza at "Old Chicago" last night and we hit the sack soon afterwards. I woke up this morning feeling good and rested. It is 75 degrees right now and overcast. They are expecting record highs today here in Lawrence, but its only a high of 80 tomorrow and overcast. That will be a nice change of racing weather when compared to Memphis.

Well off to get in a little workout and then race tomorrow. Will have the race report up sometime in the 2 days following the race, ha.

Tony

No comments: