Monday, June 28, 2010

Another great Week

It is once again Monday and I have another (short) update. I have once again had my biggest week of training of the year. I had about 21.5 hours of training this past week and may have even more this week (doubtful with the annual Bluegrass 10k on Saturday). I put in almost 170 miles on the bike which is a pretty solid week of riding for me, along with almost 50 miles of running. I opted out of the local triathlon which was yesterday to focus on my training. I knew I would at least rest a day or so going into the race, and I needed a solid week of training so I chose not to race. Congrats to my fellow coworkers Kevin Ryan and Allison Stewart for their big W's and my brother for finishing 2nd only to Kevin.

However, I did enjoy my first weekend in Lexington since May 16th. I had 5 straight weekends on the road so it was nice to be able and not travel this past weekend. I got my workout over with early Saturday morning, had breakfast at Panera with Casey, and relaxed most of the afternoon by watching some track and field and the World Cup. Sunday I ran my longest run of the year, went for an easy spin with Casey, and watched more soccer and track. I took an active recovery day today and am hitting it hard once again tomorrow.

Off to bed.

Tony

No comments: