Sunday, June 7, 2009

Teriyaki Steak on a Sunday Evening

I'm sitting at Casey's right now after an amazing dinner of Teriyaki steak. It was a strips of steak in a bed of rice and snow peas with a teriyaki sauce over top. It was really good. Nothing better after an eazy evening run.

Just like my update on Tuesday, there really isn't much going on here in Lexington. I have been lifeguarding during the late morning/early afternoon, and working out afterwards everyday. I have had some great workouts this week which really makes me feel good going into this weekend. We're traveling to Lawrence, Kansas on Friday and returning the day after the race on Monday. I was really worn out after a long track workout on Wednesday which consisted of a 5k at threshold, then some fast stuff, and some tempo stuff. The 5k at threshold was in 16:59 which was a PR (for that workout, still over a minute slower than my actual 5k PR). Last year for the same workout, I was running around 17:15. I ended up running almost 7.5 miles fast that day. The following day, I decided to do a hard swim that one of the swim coaches at the pool suggested that I attempt. I was supposed to do 3 x ( 3 x 400) with a 200 ez between sets. The first set of 400's were at base pace (2,000 time trial pace) plus 3 seconds per 100, the 2nd set of 400's at base pace per 100, and the last set of 400's at base pace subtract 2 seconds per 100. It was one of the hardest sets I've done in the water. I am used to doing main sets of only about 1,500 - 2,500 with the occasional 3,000 yard main set on a really hard day. This main set was 4,000 yards and I was really tired for the remainder of the day. I had a great brick workout on Saturday with Jeff and Eric and then some normal workouts today.

Anyways, I have been on a reading "kick" for the past week or so and I'm loving it. If anyone has some good suggestions then you should comment on this post. I just finished reading the classic, "Brave New World" which was pretty interesting. I'm reading "I, Robot" right now. I decided that I would read some of the books that my favorite movies have been based on. Next on the list is "I am Legend." And I found a book in my girlfriend's basement that includes four of Ernest Hemingway's novels into the one book. I'm thinking that I may break that open after "I am Legend."

Who knows???

T-Bird

No comments: