Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my dad who has been super supportive of every decision that I've ever made. He has never doubted me in my chosen path, he has only provided support and encouragement and I owe a lot of my success to him for this.

I am back in Lexington after spending a wonderful few days at Lake Barkley for our annual family reunion. I arrived at the Lodge there on the lake Wednesday afternoon and my step dad and I went straight to the golf course to get in a quick 18 holes. I shot an 84 which is the best I've played all year. It was about 95 degrees with 90% humidity so we were extremely hot during this round of golf. The entire weekend was almost miserably hot. The coolest day was 91 degrees with only about 80% humidity. I played golf Thursday and Friday mornings and then spent the rest of the day on the boat or by the pool. I squeezed in a few runs on a trail that is there close to the lodge. My brother and I ran 8 miles after our round of golf on Thursday and we had to have lost about 10 pounds in water weight. I haven't sweated that much in a long time on a single run. Friday and Saturday's runs weren't much better, but they were shorter in distance so they weren't as bad. Friday night was our annual "wallyball" game. I happened to have a better record than last year. My team won about the same number of games that we lost, compared to last year when my team lost every game, ha. Saturday, I got the run over with early, then I went on the boat for a few hours, then sat by the pool for the rest of the day. We ended up playing wallyball again Saturday evening as well. I ate all kinds of amazing food while I was there, and I worked on my tan lines a little bit since I still have lines from my Kiwami suits from that last 3 races I've done.

I'm looking forward to hitting training hard this week. I feel rested and rejuvenated and ready to go. Nothing like a recovery week at the lake.

Tony

No comments: