Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer!!!

Since the summer is in full swing, I have had a great summer so far. This past week was a little more laid back since I didn't have to travel anywhere for a race. My training has been going great. I had a big bike ride on Saturday and a longer run on Sunday. My swimming is going pretty good too. I have been swimming with Wildcat Aquatics during the mornings, and they have been kicking my butt. It's never fun to swim with 15 - 18 yr olds and have some of them really work me really hard just to keep up, especially some of the girls. The long bike felt great on Saturday, and I had another medium distance ride today which again was good. The weather has been pretty warm, but I love it. Running in hot weather isn't the best, but I love to bike in hot weather. I have a big track workout tomorrow.

Everything else has been going great as well. I'm officially moved into my new residence at the Atnip household. I'm currently doing some laundry while I watch a show about the history of distilleries on the History channel. I have been eating a lot of food in between workouts, and just enjoying the summer. We cooked out Saturday night after our long ride. We ate at "Saul Good" after watching the new Terminator movie on Sunday evening. Yesterday I ate six meals (no exaggeration, I promise). I guess I was a little deprived of calories after my weekend workouts, and I just couldn't stop eating yesterday. I had Panera for breakfast, a sandwich around noon, a Firehouse sub at 2:30, a bowl of cereal at 5:00, veggies and a beef rollover thanks to Beth at 7:00, and some Hamburger Helper thanks to Casey around 9:00. I thought about having some ice cream, but my stomach really hurt around 10 pm so I decided I better not, haha.

And on a side note, I guess I go to Panera for breakfast too much considering that I walked in yesterday morning and the lady looked at me and said, "two cinnamon crunch bagels, sliced and toasted with butter?" which is what I order everytime I go to Panera for breakfast.

That's about it for now. Looking forward to racing again in 1 week and 5 days at the Kansas 70.3 event. My first 70.3 of the year.

Tony

No comments: