Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rain, Rain,Go Away

I'm currently sitting on the couch watching Sportscenter and looking out the window at the rain that is falling from the sky. I had a 2.5 hour bike ride this morning, but I don't believe that is going to happen thanks to the rain and chilly weather. I am about to hop on the trainer, but I don't think I'm going to ride that for 2.5 hours. And the rain is supposed to stick around for a while. The Flying Pig Half Marathon tomorrow has rain and thunderstorms projected for the race weather. Sounds like fun, yay.

This week has been a great week. I traveled back from Florida on Monday, and hit it hard on Tuesday. I went for a relaxing run Tuesday morning and then had a pretty hard swim that afternoon. I had a bike workout on Wednesday, and a track workout on Thursday. I wore some older shoes on the track on Thursday because it was raining and that was a big mistake. My calves are still sore this morning.

Yesterday was my last day of classes, so I'm officially finished. I attended both classes this week only to find that we did not have a pop quiz in either class. Either way, I only skipped 3 - 4 classes this semester, haha. I am excited to be done with school, but anxious about what is next to come.

My spirits have been uplifted by all of my close friends and family about this past weekend's result. Thank you to everyone who followed me, gave me "pep" talks after the race, and have kept their faith in me. I am extremely excited about my upcoming races. Memphis in May is one of my favorite races and it is 2 weeks from tomorrow. There is going to be some pretty good competition there. I was a little too anxious about St. Anthony's and the rough waters did not make me feel any better about the race. I can't wait to race again. I have had some great workouts in all 3 sports, and I just wasn't able to show my off my fitness last weekend in Florida. I'm looking forward to the season and all of the opportunities that are available for me.

Thanks for reading. I'll have a race report for the big half mary tomorrow.

T-Bird

No comments: