Thursday, September 23, 2010

Off to Augusta



Here is a couple of photos from Tri for Sight.
And I guess it's never a good sign when you have to create a new password to log on to your own blog considering I forgot my old one. I am sitting in Corbin, KY right now and am headed to bed. My brother and I are headed to Augusta, GA tomorrow for the 70.3 on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to racing this weekend. Training has been going really well the past 3 - 4 weeks and my running in particular has felt good. I have put in over 200 miles of running over the past 4 weeks which I haven't done in a long time. And I've also put in about 620 miles over that same period on the bike. My swimming isn't as consistent as it once was, but I still feel decent in the water. Especially with the race course as it is in Augusta, the swim is the least of my worries. It is a down river swim and considering I swam under 21 minutes last year in the middle of a "rough patch" of swimming for myself, I'm looking to do about the same this year with stronger bike and run legs. Saturday, we'll probably just hang out and watch a lot of football and I'll make sure my fantasy football team is ready to play.
I'm really looking forward to testing out my new Kiwami Uniform. They really did it up for me and I got an all red uniform with my Kiwami gift certificate that I won at the Tri for Sight. And I also have some new shoes, but they aren't broken in yet so I wait to test those out a few weeks from now. I got the new color of the Brooks Green Silence. Check 'em out:
Well, off to bed. You should be able to follow the race on Sunday at www.ironman.com.
There will be a link to the Augusta 70.3 and it will bring up athlete tracker. Race starts at 7:30am
T-Bird

No comments: