Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Augusta RR (rest and recovery)

Well today is day 3 since Augusta, and I have not done much since. I took Monday off and yesterday was filled with a short swim and a short run. Today I'm hoping to get out on the bike and ride a little of the RJ Corman Duathlon bike course before Saturday.

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post was my brother's new PR for a 70.3 distance race. He dropped about 8 minutes from his previous fastest race and went 4:18. And also, Congrats to Jamie Johnson for completing his first 70.3.

I'm really looking forward to is getting back into the swing of things (or maybe not looking forward to). I have been sleeping in quite a bit and doing 2 workouts after work. Once the hard workouts begin, I won't be able to get away with that. Usually the week of a race, or even the week following a hard race, I'll sleep in a little more and tend to not worry about my workouts as much. I still get them in, they are usually shorter and easier, thus easier to squeeze in 2 workouts after work. I guess next week I'll have to break the habit and get my butt out of bed.

And in other news, I am 2-1 in fantasy football and I only lost in week 2 because my boy Chris Johnson was shut down by the Steelers. But I don't think he'll let that happen again, ha.

T-Bird

No comments: