Sunday, November 29, 2009

What a week

Another Thanksgiving Day has come and gone. And just like past years, I'm sure that I'm about 5 pounds heavier than I was about a week ago. I decided to take a few days off to let a little lingering injury heal, and I also ate an abnormally large amount of food since it was Thanksgiving. I went home Wednesday and had an amazing dinner in Corbin on Thursday. I traveled to Bowling Green on Friday and had another Thanksgiving meal on Saturday. I have not worked out in a week and I'm ready to get going. My off season officially starts tomorrow. I'm cutting my "sweets" intake down A LOT considering I ate enough in the last 4 days to feed a small family for a week.

And I don't have any exciting "CATS" info to post this week as we suffered yet another Heartbreaking loss to UT. I hate the Vols more and more every year because of these losses we keep suffering. I would almost rather lose by 20+ points than to lose in OT. However, the Cats bball team did bring home the big W from the "Cancun Challenge." The playing conditions weren't ideal considering we played in a ballroom with chandeliers hanging from the low ceiling. There were large cracks in the hardwood court, and a buffet was only feet from the baseline. But we still managed to play alright. A friend of mine made a joke saying "of course we were playing in the Cancun Challenge. Billy Gillespie scheduled that tourny because the bar was 5 feet from the court."

I thought that was funny. But the big game is next Saturday: UK vs. UNC here in Lexington. I can't wait.

Tony

No comments: