Thursday, March 27, 2014

Big Announcement!!!!!

This has been the worst winter that I can remember, but I'm sure that everyone else feels the same way. But since it is technically spring, then I guess it is about triathlon time.

I am racing for the Tri4Him Pro team this year!!!!

I couldn't be more excited.  It combines my favorite hobby of racing triathlons with my faith and gives me a way to share my faith with anyone that will pay attention.  Our goal is to "use our training and competition in triathlons as means to honor God, glorify Jesus, and love others."  One thing that I cannot express enough is the Love others aspect.  So many people get hung up on how Christians behave and "judge" others because of their actions.  God did not put us here to judge others, only to Love.

One Professional runner that I have always respected and enjoyed his thoughts on is Josh Cox.  He tweeted a quote from Billy Graham just yesterday or earlier today that sums up my thoughts about Love really well.  "It's the Holy Spirit's job to convict, God's job to judge, and my job to Love." This was Billy Graham's response to a reporter when asked why he was attending a rally in support of Bill Clinton during is sex scandal.

Southland Christian church in Lexington, KY and now CrossPoint Church here in Nashville have similar pastors that feel the same way.  Jon Weece is known for covering some very controversial topics and sharing the Love of Jesus Christ to anyone and everyone that will listen.  He has been to several homosexual bars/clubs in Lexington to share to Love of Jesus.  He doesn't go there to judge, only to talk to anyone that will listen, or to listen to anyone who needs to talk.  I love that about him and that is why I made that my home church before moving away from Lexington.  Pete Wilson is very much the same here in Nashville.  That is why we have made Crosspoint our home church now.

One goal for our team this year to to be L.A.S.T

Listen, Affirm, Serve, Tell about Jesus.

No matter what happens during the race, I know that I am representing my Lord and Savior.  Racing as a Pro Triathlete is just a bonus.

Tony

check out our team website...

Tri4Him Pro Team


No comments: