Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Past Few Days

So I am trying to get my butt in gear and get in a consistent training block before some of my bigger races come up. I know that I'm nowhere near my fitness last year, but psychologically, I feel much healthier. I know what to expect when I compete against some of the best athletes in the world and I know that I have a long way to go this season before I would consider myself "in shape." haha. But I don't know if I really consider myself "in shape" most of the time. I have a warped opinion and have probably only been in peak physical condition a few times in my life.

I have had a great time with training and work lately. Its fun to go out for a bike ride with a few other guys, or even a large group. Its fun to meet up with guys for an easy run or a to swim with the kids that I coach just a few months ago. Even though I am working more, and forcing myself to workout at hours that I'm not used to, I am having fun which is the key for 2010. I have Memphis in May next on my schedule which is somewhere around the 23rd of May.

I spent last Friday in the UK dental school for about 7 hours. My old roommate is graduating from dental school and he needed a patient that had a cavity and I ended up having a cavity (actually about 4). He gave me 2 fillings on Friday, and then his good friend gave me another on Saturday morning. And since I qualified to be his patient, I got paid. It was nice to have a few cavities filled and to be paid to do so. But it made for a long weekend. And my good friend Tyson married his sweet heart Amy Saturday evening. That was a great wedding and a great reception. We had a lot of fun.

After a long weekend, it was great to have a little fun Monday night by going to The Catspy's. My girlfriend finished up her 4th year of elgibility for the UK swim team and was invited to the "Catspy's Awards." I was lucky enough to be her date. This is just a little awards banquet for all UK athletes and they really do put on a good show. It was cool to see guys like Randall Cobb, John Conner, Pattrick Patterson, and of course John Wall. But also the athletes that don't get as much publicity that compete for "the love of the game."

That about it for now.

T-Bird

No comments: